Posts filed under ‘Microsoft’
I have wanted a good place to save and share robot related files. We have YouTube for videos, which works very well. But the file sharing has not come as far yet. This is understandable, though, as more people will watch videos then download files, and they need to make money also.
Listed below are the best file sharing sites yet:
MediaFire – Tons of ads, hard to find the little “download” button once on the page. You can add a description and title for your file. Files will stay online forever.
SkyDrive – Personally, I like the folder layout of SkyDrive, although you can not yet drag files from one folder to another – you must re-upload the files. The files do not have a page for them where you can add a description or title. Online time for files is unlimited.
I feel that we will soon see good file sharing sites like YouTube.
If you know of any good file sharing sites, please let us all know by posting a comment!
Jon Hylands sent me a link today for anti-static bags with the note:
“The anti-static bags are great – Digikey sells them in 100-packs for $6.18 [CAD].”
This fake screenshot of Microsoft Windows 7 showed up on Wikipedia on December 15, 2007.
(Click on the image to see a larger picture)
Windows(r) Vista(r) has charted new territory, but what about Windows 7? It is said that Windows 7 (codenamed Blackcomb, then Vienna, but will probly release under a different name) will need Quad Core computers and other powerful hardware.
So what do you want? Post a comment to say!
I want to see (in no particular order):
* Improve backwords compatibility, with support for programs dating back to Win 95, maybe an additional download?
* If you can’t do the above, improve Virtualition software. And have instructions how to easily install OSes.
* With Internet Explorer some sites render better in IE6 over IE7, an option in the browser to render the page in three of the most likely different ways may help.
* An easy way (maybe use a control panel) to select which programs should start on Start Up.
* Simple UI without the loss of features, like Word 2007 maybe.
* Forget about “looks”, if it makes the overall UI “a lot” nicer have it, but if you lose speed (Aero in Win Vista) over it forget it!
* Stable, as in very few crashes.
* Don’t forget about “power users”, people who like “perfmon”, and other helpful features.
* A way to “pin” any window to the top, not just programs with this feature.
* Have editions like “Home” (stuff you’d use at home), “Business” (stuff you’d use at a business), and “Complete” (every feature).
* Instead of the OS coming with a ton of features that you may not want, and having to uninstall them (eg. Games), have more downloads so you can make it the way you want.
Other Microsoft Programs:
* Keep enhancing Visual Studio, have options to create skins (like used by Office 2007 XP).
* I love the help feature in Office 2007, it is much better then in Office 2003.
* With the help feture in Office, a way to have the program do it for you would be good (like a “Click Me to Have it Done” button), oposed to the current way that you have to “click here”, then “click there”, then “select that”, then “click OK”.
* I like the simple and useful UI of Live picture viewer, maybe keep as a downloadable add-on.
Well, that is my big list of just about every (good) idea I could think of, without the idea of the USB flame thrower, and microwave…
Please restrain from “hate comments”, but feel free to say what you don’t like and how you think it should be changed (or if you think it should be removed).
Now say YOUR ideas!
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft.