Vex And Justin
On Friday the 16th Justin drove up to the town that I live in and stayed in a hotel.
On the 17th Justin and I went over to the hotel and he gave me a McSapien of the Stand Up Robosapien V2 (I’ll have a video out soon)! After we got to my house we started talking about what to build. Since the last time we saw each other, we both happened to be thinking of putting a ultrasonic sensor on a servo. After building the robot and testing it with R/C, we got on to the coding. We used the Ultrasonic Bot 3.0 code and changed it to use a servo. The way it works is this:
If the robot does not have an object in front of it, the bot will go straight.
If there is an object in front of the robot, and if the left does not have an object, it will turn left.
If there is an object in the front and left, but not on the right it will turn right.
If there is an object in the front, left, and right, the robot will do a turn of about 180 degrees.
We could not program the robot with all of the capabilities that we wanted to because the EasyC 1.x (also known as 1.1 and 1.0) did not have the blocks that we wanted. We even tried using the User Code and writing that in “C” but it would not accept it. By the time we were done programming, it was late so he went back to his hotel and I went to bed.