Vex Robotics Build Report 4
Today I’ve been working on the bearings and rods. Then I tested it, but there were some problems:
The lifting gears started to slip when I had the front tracks halfway up. When I had the tracks go down, the servo motor on the right side stripped its servo horn and was not able to make the tracks go down to lift the bot. Also, when the gears slipped, one tooth broke off, so I took out the gears, replaced the broken one, and tried a different configeration. But with the right servo motor not able to move the gears, the left servo motor was not able to supply enough torque to move the tracks up or down.
Luckily, Vex Labs sells the servo horns separately, so I’ll have to buy some in the next few days because I’ve broken all of the other servo horns with other projects. In the next few weeks, I’ll figure out how to lift and put down the tracks and then post how here!